A Whole Lotta Love For Lotta Volkova



The stylist that if you know then you know and if you don't then you bloody well need to. I won't lie I didn't know about her until I started my latest summative project but I am sure as hell happy that I go to research into this wonderful lady. I can confirm that I have only been doing such research for 10 hours but I know I already love what she stands for! Not only does she have her own style but she has opinions on everything from sub culture, sexism, politics and movies. If there was every someone you wanted more out of than styling then Lotta is your girl. 


This Vetements stylist has dressed endless shoots from Vogue, Dazed to ID. She has travelled around the world walked cat walk after catwalk and protested against everything from the Ukraine Civil war to Donal Trump. However even though her political views are just as bad arse as her styling, her fashion is why I came upon her. Her work is heavily influenced by the clear post soviet union Russian style that drawn the fashion eye closer to that part of the world over the last couple of years. Lotta however lives a very western life, therefore is able to mix both sides together to create the perfect style for them both. 

She has one of those cool, 'that surely can't be real' lifestyles. The one where you look at her job and everything she seems to post on social media and wish you were even a third as cool as she is. From adidas track suit wearing teenagers, to smoking creative directors Lotta seems to be rubbing shoulders with the most settled and also up and coming people of the fashion world, and as a result has Vetements care free, bad taste meets good taste nature that so many people have come to recognise. 
Like many influencers who choose fashion, instagram is one of the easiest ways to have a little snippet into their life. It allows you too see for example just what a world renown up and coming Vetements stylist would be doing in their spare time. Cause I mean when else are we gonna find out. Because lets face it we're not. There something cool about being to see how someones life and what they like in their spare time comes across in their work. Something which is very clear in the work of Lotta. Her Instagram itself could be a mood board for the Vetements shoot. Just saying, she's super bloody cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment