Are you selling me perfume or sex?

Image: The Moon Bacon


Is it just me or is perfume getting more and more about what section of the body they can leave covered by just the bottle. Like yes I can see that Miranda Kerr is beautiful but you know she can be beautiful with clothes on. She doesn't have to be half naked for me to want to buy that scent. But if the company promises to make me look like her the moment I spray it on myself then well yes of course she can wear as little clothes as she likes. Like no seriously. If I end up looking like her then that is okay for me. But at the time being I do not the moment that spray makes contact with my body. So sorry perfume companies stop trying to sell me sex when all I want it to be able to smell nice.


I remember when I was little that I use to think you could buy the bottles in this size, well that or either CHANEL just use very small models. The words that I see from this image is that innocent, the model herself looks like a child. I wouldn't be surprised if she was. So why is she naked all except from the flowers and the bottles. Okay I get it it has been a long time thing that perfume bottles are known for sexualizing women and men for that matter, sex sells so I've heard. But then I just think what if all that changed. What if for some reason it wasn't a half naked man or women on the bottle and what if it was all about the perfume. Would that really be so bad?


I don't see any skin other than her face and the perfume isn't even the main thing on the image, so this is just a nice image. It is feminine and girly and looks like art. I was looking through the internet and found it hard to have advertisements that just weren't trying to link sex and scent together. 

I know there is an industry where women want to look like the women they see advertising the product they are buying but that doesn't really mean you have to make them as much of an object as the bottles themselves.  There is a lot in the perfume advertising word that makes the perfume only an add on of the sexual nature of women, perfume itself is always and has always been know to be a sexy product, women have worn it for years to make themselves feel sexy and make themselves feel good. It is signally how the perfume market lasts. I just think that it might be time for a change in the perfume world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment