Not just for girls anymore

IMAGE: CREATED MY ME 

Okay so we got our next brief, in face we got our final brief, and it's alot of work and it's also exciting and interesting and s much to do. But you know never have a problem with a challenge. Always up to do something new.

I'm a bit of a hermit when it comes to perfume. 1. I am a student and so cannot afford to keep buying myself these scents and so I am normally brought them as gifts and 2. I always have the same ones. In my 20 years of life I have love 4 perfumes, Alien, you know the  most perfume ever, I bet you either you yourself own this perfume or you know at least 5 people that do or have in some point of their lives. Calvin Klein Eternity. If only it did what it said on the tin and lasted as long as an eternity. This perfume reminds me of family holidays from my mum literally bathing in the stuff so as you can guess I wear it all the time, take it everywhere with me and if I could then I would bath in it all the time also. So thanks Calvin for the memories. The last two are there too fuel my obsession With eh creator but are a bitch to get hold of so you can imagine out of the whole 4 these 2 but the same person by the way are the ones I would buy myself.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......
Vivienne Westwood, yes my babe, my ego warrior fracking fighting babe. She realised two fragrances about 2 years ago and both of them I got for my birthday, mainly as my mum knew how much I loved her but also they just happened to be called 'cheeky Alice' and 'Naughty Alice' I'm not saying it's a sign but we should totally be friends hahah. like no serious someone needs to give her my number. These are the range of my perfume love and you know what they say quality of quantity. That is something when it comes to my smell I stick too unless you count the amount of bottles of the same perfume then well I'll have as many as I can get and in as many different types also. Honest I'm not scared.


When looking into scent and just general research I found a big area that really interested me. Male beauty bloggers/vloggers. Yes you know those people are famous for having make up skills yes them, but this time it was something different they weren't pretty blonde girls, these were guys who all the make up skills in the world, like seriously I need some lessons of these guys, they make feel as though I don't even now what eyeshadow is with the magic they create. But I was thinking about how much this is a needed area of the market to expand on. There needs to be more out there for guys to feel it is okay to buy beauty products and skin care. I mean it's 2017, if a guy wants to were Ruby Woo or Velvet Teddy then I'm gonna be the one to stop him, just as long as he lets me borrow it and he tells me his secrets to great skin. Like serious why is this such a shock.?

But then I also thought the shock factor is a great avenue to go down with breaking the market. People like MAC and Maybelline have dipped their toe in the gender neutral waters but there needs to be more, there needs to be the advertising the brand the idea behind it all aimed at making everyone feel good about themselves. You shouldn't be embarrassed to go into boots buy a primer and kill it on the lip liner. So this is where this idea grew from.


Manny MUA, is maybe one of the most successful and well known of all male beauty bloggers/vloggers, he was recently anouced and the new face of Maybelline and it went down a storm, not only did people not get angry, girls and guys everywhere only cared about the makeup, it wasn't taken badly and people loved the fact that a brand as well known as maybelline were accepting the thing that fans of Manny had been loving for years already. Manny though wasn't the first to make this stride into the beauty world. James Charles, you know the guy who killed the front cover of Covergirl back in 2016 was as you could say the big hop skip and jump into the male beauty world. He has made the way for people like Patrick Starrr, Manny and many more to not be scared about what they are doing and just make themselves proud and popular like the female beauty bloggers do.


As well as brands picking up on the gap in the market, social media is loving these guys and what they do. In their own right they all have millions of followers, subscribers and people in general that know who they are, I mean you ask 5 people on the street and I can promise at least 3 will have heard of one of these guys. Social media is the back bone of many brands and therefore having this break in the market growing in love then social media and the coverage will grow with it. There is a leeway in the market and something that needs to be addressed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment