Am I Starting To Like Calvin Klein?


I have made it clear that there was nothing that I liked to see about the old Klein campaign, I didn't really care if you were powerful, sexy or fun in your Calvins, it was really getting old, it was everywhere and everyone seemed to love it but I just didn't wanna see it again. So what does this mean if suddenly I like their new one. How can two campaigns chain so much between each other. you would not think that this was the same people as one another. They look like two different brands and I'm over here not complaining so they're defiantly doing something right.

I had to do a double take when I sae the pictures in DAZED magazine, I didn't see the jump and I didn't see how they themselves could make that jump, but I guess I'm happy they left the old Kleins behind, please keep them there.


These images have a rare nakedness that many brands don't seem to me able to reach very much, first of all I thought this is the perfect image set to see in a magazine like Dazed & Confused so that made perfect sense and secondly I thought it would be something like Acne Studios, or a smaller designer, I did not see it being main stream, pretty basic Calvin Klein. So for sure they won the shock factor out of me.


And I can't say much wrong about it, they use the idea od sex and being sexy in it for sure, I mean if there was nothing like that then I would really be shocked, but they do it in a tasteful way which once again is not what could be said for the campaigns before. They use art. I myself love a art to go to use, and I would have been annoyed of the campaign had become what the other one was but I like this, I like the way they have used it and made the people and the art one, the people are their own versions or art but at the same time they still haven't taken away and of the beauty itself. Which more then can be said when brands use art as a cry for attention.
"Hey look at us, we know art we use art as we ourselves cannot be create enough without a prompt"

These images use the beauty in the art and use it to help the campaign and so the campaigns helps the art, each add to each other and make the other better.




No comments:

Post a Comment