So This Is My Life For The Next 3 Years.... Okay... Breathe.


    My choice to come to Nottingham Trent Uni was decided the moment I got off the train all but 2 years ago, Yes I say 2 as that is when I panicked about moving away from home and deferred my offer for another 365 days. I tell myself it was to prepare when really it was all to do with getting my own en-suit in my room. My choice to study Fashion Communication and Promotion came more or less about by deciding that I loved fashion more then getting an 'Academic' job, or as my History teacher liked to tell me... "Oh I didn't know you could get a degree in clothes!?" Well yes you can. 

But this isn't about me proving my teachers wrong, this is me and my first experience of Nottingham as a city. My and my wonderful flatmate Finola featured outside to see if after nearly 2 weeks we would be able to actually see more of what this city has to offer, well more then the Uni SU, my kitchen and the local Chunky Chicken take away store, so the lace market it was. I was happy when we finally found it. 

After getting the right tram, something which for a strange reason I was rather scared of, I mean it's just a tram, no different to a bus or a car? I don't think they are anyway. However even though there was a good start to the journey, the next section and putting our trust in google maps, seemed to cause more trouble then it was worth. A deserted road with run down buildings, strange looks from builders as we tried to take photos of anything we found was pretty and in the end we ended just walking towards wherever we saw street art, to get at least 1 decent photo. 

While at the lace market I was reminded for the first time, of something from home. One of my favourite places in London, as Camden Lock. With street art at at every corner, and even though we were scared of the surprise homeless guy who gave us a scare, even he couldn't make me not love this area, with everything it reminded me of. There were cocktail bars and cute restaurants where you could have nearly every food you wanted and of cause vintage shops galor. Is the lace market my new cool place to go? Is the lace market the new Camden Lock of Nottinghamshire? Even though I mis say. Nottingham does win on one thing over Camden and the good city of london, is doors. Nottingham wins on doors. Great old doors. 

Nottingham You're quickly winning me over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment