Pintrest Aids On My Christmas Project


I have become such a Pintrest junky lately. I mean literally everything I see I can add to some board or create a new one to add them too. Something which I have found helpful in understanding my 'urban street' trend is researching the latest items on the trend within the magical word of pintrest.
The thing is I am not very familiar with this trend and it defiantly isn't one that I wear myself. So I wanted to make sure that I had every idea from every side of the trend that i could find.
This look is made up of different looks, something which I found in WGSN was the perfect phase to sum up everything about this trend.

"Born by hippies and raised on punk" 

Grunge is a trend which is something clear to understand and easy too pick out in style images. Within the urban street trend grunge is a key look throughout them. It follows the trend of the slogan t-shirts and the thrifted inspired vintage looks of these outfits. Brands such as Vetements and DKNY have very strong grunge influences throughout a lot of their old and latest collections. 


As well as grunge featuring heavily within the urban street trend sport luxe and sport wear. Something which my trend entrails a lot is a very laid back look. Right back to the thrifting factor of the look. It is something which yet again follows the trend of Vetements, hoodies and sweat pants matched with thigh high boots and bright colours. It creates the casual feel from most of the clothes which are worn throughout. The brands are not those of high end fashion or even well known high street sport brand but smaller much more 'trendy' items created from brands such as champion, palace and supreme. Work by a much younger generation.


The final factor of this trend is a factor of most of them, not a trend in itself. Bright colours and slogans occur heavily throughout this trend. Many 'don't care' phases and quotes appear on many of the items of clothing and have a very casual and laid back attitude, even if slightly offensive in some eyes. The bright colours go back to sport side of the trend. Simple primary colours such as blue, red and yellow feature strongly on popular street brand logos and items which are the baseline of the trend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment