Urban Street - Online Presence



Okay so this trend is something that I am not very familiar with, I don't really suit it. I tend to end up looking a bit crazy if I was to ever pair some of this stuff together. Well that's kinda what I thought until I really looked into it. At first I thought it was just heels matched with a tracksuit but then I found out it has a lit more underlying in it. And I kinda really liked it. So I dipped my toe into the big online world to see how much I could see deep in the internet and also at the same time add some more items to the list of clothes I'll never be able to afford. 

Something that I did find throughout this trend was the mix of urban styled clothing such as hoodies or sweat tops that have then been added with heels or detailed materials such lace or chains. This super feminine items like this dress and this heels are toned down by the top and layering and then the more chilled and relaxed vibes from the bag. A dress with a cut like this could be classes as quite a 'mummsie' look but is make super cool and chilled by the print and the accessories. 



This look has a lot of similar vibes to the Vetements A/W17 collection with a puffer jacket trend that can even be seen the stores at the moment from high end to high street. As well as matching the smart style trousers to something a lot more laid back grunge leather and 'hard core' boots. There is small details added to outfit with the pom pom on the bag and the bright colours of the trousers. Something that links more to the sport connections of the Urban Street brand. With the sport luxe trends holding bright colours and typical sport logo tracksuits that you can normally see with blues, yellows and greens.


This look has the most connections to the punk and grunge side of the urban trend. The tartan pattern is added to the look and goes towards the bright patterns of the trend and the leather jacket is the ultimate accessory to make any look more edgy and more grunge than it might have been before. Slogan T's are a big feature in many run way looks which feature this urban trend. The more simple or even offensive the slogan then the more it fits the trend.

As a total trend it is clear when yo understand the roots of this trend and where it comes from just how dominant it is online, it is clear that it is more obvious in the high end designer ready to wear collections but this might mean that it will be more on show in high street stores after the new year. I will be visiting some high street stores to see if the trend has filtered down to the high street store just yet or if we will be waiting a bit more to see it at more affordable prices, and the comparisons of the both.

No comments:

Post a Comment